Aug 6, 2022

Resurrection

 Hello and welcome!

You've stumbled upon my little corner of the internet.  It's quiet here, but hopefully, I can keep you entertained.

This blog began as a way for me to document my veterinary school experience.  It ended very abruptly in my first year after I criticized a high-ranking AVMA official and found myself being tightly scrutinized by both my school and the AVMA.  My school released a new policy forbidding students from posting . . . well, pretty much anything, on social media.  Although page views skyrocketed, my enthusiasm for blogging took a nosedive.  My little blog was dead in the water.

The AVMA and I have never gotten along.  Not surprisingly, I disagree with the way a crowd of old white men makes unilateral decisions affecting a profession predominated by young women.  There will certainly be more on this in later posts, but suffice to say, I am not an AVMA member.  And now that I am a "grown-up" and no longer forced to bow to the AVMA or my educational institution, it's time to resurrect this little blog of mine!

My readership has moved on, but that's okay.  I'm still here, trucking along.  I may be screaming into the void, but hey, sometimes the void screams back!

I'll be using this blog to document some noteworthy moments - both good and bad - of my time in the veterinary profession.  I won't pretend that I'll update regularly - life is very busy and I know I'll get distracted.  But I'll update when the mood strikes, and that will be enough.

That's all for now.  As always, watch where you step!


0 comments:

Post a Comment